Stand 10.C01, IBC Amsterdam, 15 September 2023: Leader Electronics announces a new addition to its portfolio of broadcast test and measurement instruments. Equipped for use in film and television studios, mobile production vehicles and postproduction houses, the LT4670 is a 1U full-rack width synchronous signal generator designed to ease the migration from SDI to IP.
“The LT4670 comes with a wide range of features augmented by options which can be added when required,” comments Kevin Salvidge, Sales Engineering Manager at Leader Europe. “This gives our customers the freedom to invest in advanced tools as and when they need them. Connectivity capabilities provided as standard include six independent analogue synchronous signal outputs, digital audio outputs, word-clock outputs and LTC in/out. These can be supplemented by options such as GNSS synchronization, PTP synchronization, 4K quad-link, 3G-SDI, HD-SDI and SD-SDI outputs in any combination, allowing optimal management of synchronous systems.”
The standard LT4670 toolset includes:
• Genlocked black burst signals and tri-level sync pulse generation.
• Stay-in-sync function maintaining output stability in the event of an error in the genlock signal.
• Slow-lock stabilization when returning to genlock from stay-in-sync.
• 48 kHz word-clock signal output synchronized to incoming video.
• Synchronous control between devices (L-SYNC).
• Preset and memory functions.
• Power supply and fan units are hot-swappable to ensure workflow continuity.
Optional features include:
• GNSS-compatibility (option LT4670-SER01) with output locked to the frequency and time obtained from GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO or BDS.
• SDI support for up to four outputs (SDI option LT4670-SER02). Two 3G-SDI (Level A, Level B), HD-SDI and SD-SDI signals are supported. Two independent SDI signal output terminals can be accessed, each with separate format, pattern and phase settings. Two options can be installed to output up to four SDI signals with independent formats and patterns.
• PTP-compatibility (option LT4670-SER03) allowing operation as a grandmaster. The PTP reader (master) function can select a reference from PTP, GNSS, VITC, LTC, NTP or internal time. PTP follower (slave) function is supported. Two PTP engines allow the construction of PTP systems in independent networks. Up to two RJ-45 SFP modules or two 10 GbE SFP+ modules (sold separately) can be used. PTP can be synchronized to an analogue synchronous signal and the time can be obtained from an external time source such as GNSS or an NTP server. PTP synchronized to an analogue synchronous signal can be output.
• Option LT4670-SER04 adds support up to four multi-rate SDI test signal outputs (up to 12G) plus two 10G/25G Ethernet ports for ST 2110 test signal streams with ST 2022-7 redundancy.
• Lip-sync pattern (SDI option) allows measurement of video and audio timing discrepancies on SDI signal transmission.
• User pattern (SDI option) allows customer‐generated BMP and TIF images to be used as test patterns.
• Superimposed embedded audio (SDI option) allows 16 channels of embedded audio (four groups of four) to be superimposed.
• Timecode pattern display (SDI option) can be superimposed at any position on the screen.
• Freeze confirmation function (SDI option) allows scrolling patterns, moving boxes, scrolling ID character flashes or flashing circles to be superimposed on patterns.
• 4K 3G quad-link output can be supported by adding a 4K license option (LT4670-SER21). Two SDI output options (LT4670-SER02) are required.
The LT4670 synchronous SDI/IP reference and test signal generator makes its world-first exhibition appearance at IBC 2023 Amsterdam where Leader will be co-exhibiting with PHABRIX on stand 10.C01.
Leader has earned a worldwide reputation for designing and manufacturing highly reliable, practical and powerful test and measurement instruments. Leader products are specified for broadcast, production, post-production, research, product development and service applications. Manufacturing quality is built in every step of the way. The Leader product range includes award-winning 3G/HD/SD SDI waveform monitors and rasterizers, all with customizable layouts. Among the available options are 8K, 4K/UHD, CIE chroma chart, HDR measurement, test pattern generation, eye and jitter measurement, closed-caption display, IP, and 12G/6G-SDI. Leader has helped many customers manage their transition from analog to digital, from SD to HD, from HD to 4K/UHD, from SDR to HDR, and from BT.709 to BT.2020 wide chroma gamut. Leader also provides SMPTE ST2022-7 and ST2110 support for the transition from SDI to IP.